Its a traditional south indian sweet which is easy to prepare.
- Rawa - 1 cup
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Elachi powder - 1/2 tsp
- Melted Ghee - 1/4 cup
- Orange food colour - less than 1/4 tsp
- Water - 2 cups (this may vary as per the variety of rawa so keep a cup of Hot water ready)
- Heat a wok, pour a tbsp of ghee, roast rawa till the raw small goes. remove and let it cool.
- Heat a kadai, add two & a half cups of hot water to it, add the food colour mix well
- Pour 1/4 cup ghee into the hot water, add the rava slowly little by little while you keep stirring (to prevent form lumps)
- When it is almost dry and forming just bubbles and the rawa is cooked, add sugar and mix well.
- Keep it covered for 15 minutes.
- Yummy hot kesari is ready. You can garnish it with cashews and raisins (optional)