BASKET WEAVE PATTERN:
This stitch will work in multiples of 8 - that means any multipleof 8 - 24, 48, 96, etc. As long as the number you choose can be evenly divided by 4 with no spare stitches.
Start with chain 18, turn (the last 2 chains form the first of the double crochet stitches.)
- Work a double crochet into 3rd chain from hook, then double crochet into each chain to the end (16 stitches).
- Turn, chain 2, work 1 front post double crochet, *4 back post doublecrochets, 4 front post double crochets, repeat from * to last 2 stitches,then work 1 front post double crochet, then 1 double crochet into turningchain of previous row.
- Turn, chain 2, work 1 back post double crochet,* 4 front postdouble crochets, 4 back post double crochets, repeat from * to last 2 stitches, work 1 back post double crochet, 1 double crochet into turning chain of previous row.
- Repeat row 3, then repeat row 2.
FRONT POST DOUBLE CROCHET
BACK POST DOUBLE CROCHET.
These 4 rows form the pattern. Why not continue as long as you want and make a skinny scarf from your sample of the crochet basketweave stitch. Whenyou get to the length you want, just work the rope edging around, finish off the ends and you have a simple cozy new scarf - all from just a sample swatch!the abbreviations used :
- bpdc - back post double crochet
- ch - chain
- dc - double crochet
- ea - each
- fpdc - front post double crochet
- prev - previous
- rep - repeat
- sts - stitches