An easy to make dosa recipe which needs no fermentation. Just 10 minutes standing time for the rava to get soft. This type of dosai turns out so crisp & paper thin.
- Rava (Semolina) - 1 tea cup
- Rice Flour - 1 tea cup
- Maida - 1/2 tbsp
Gram flour (besan)- 1/2 tsbp
- Green Chilli chopped - 1 tsp
- Coarsely ground pepper - 1 tsp
- finely chopped curry leaves - 1 tsp
- finely chopped ginger - 1 tsp
- Hing - less than 1/4 tsp
- water to make batter
- Oil as required
- Salt to taste
- In a vessel mix all the above ingredients and prepare a watery batter of pouring consistency. Let it stand for 10 minutes or more.
- Heat the tawa (dosai kal), apply oil on surface.
- Pour the batter around towards the edge which will flow towards centre.
- pour 1/2 tsp oil around.
- when one side is done, flip and cook the other side too till they turn gold & crisp.
Accompaniment : Onion Chutney / Sambar
Variation : for Onion Rava Dosai, just add chopped onion along with above ingridients.