This was a sweet snack recipe which i collected from my friend long ago. She got it from a recipe book. Easy to make. I made some changes to it to give it a good flavour.
Maida - 1 tea cup
Salt - 1 pinch
Sugar - 1 1/2 tbsp
Cardamom - 3 - 4 nos.
Ghee - 1 1/2 tsp
Corn flour - 2 tsp
ghee for frying
Liquid edible Food colours of your choice
- Mix Maida & salt and sieve. Adding water little by litte, knead the dough
- Mix ghee & cornflour to a smooth paste. If you feel the ghee is not sufficient add few more drops to get the consistency.
- Divide the dough into equal portions as per the colours you are going to use. keeping one part plain.
- Mix each of the liquid food colour to each part of dough and mix & knead well
- Flatten each coloured ball & plain one on a dusted board with rolling pin like a chapathi.
- Applly cornflour paste on the plain one, place a coloured one on top and apply cornflour paste on it. Do like this for all the coloured chapathis.
- Apply the paste on top chapathi and roll them together into a cylinderical shape.
- cut 1/2" thick slices, flatten them with rolling pin into thin puris.
- Heat ghee and fry them in low flame till crispy, turning the sides.
- Place on an absorbent sheet.
- Powder sugar along with cardamom.
- In a plate, arrange the colourful chirotes, sprinkle powdered flavoured sugar lavishly & serve.