This dhal vadai makes an excellent filling snack along with a hot cup of coffee or chai. This no onion no garlic (sathvic) vadai is also made for poojas and special days. I add Toor dhal as it enhances the taste compared to normal channa dhal vadais.
- Channa Dhal - 1/2 tea cup
- Toor Dhal - 1/2 tea cup
- Butter - 2 tbsp (optional)
- Hing powder - 1/2 tsp
- Dried Red Chillies - 6 nos
- salt to taste
- Curry leaves - 1 sprig
- Coriander Leaves - 2 tbsp (optional)
- Oil for deep frying
- Soak dhals for 2 hours along with red chilli.
- In a mixer add the soaked dhals & redichilli, hing powder and grind coarsely
- Transfer to a bowl. Add chopped curry leaves, coriander leaves, butter and mix well.
- Make small ball and slightly flatten them using thumb