For a long time thought of making a small swing / jhoola using popsicle sticks. Finally gave it a try today (ofcourse with lot of re-works) and here it is for your art admirer eyes
You will need
- Popsicle sticks - 1 bunch or 22 sticks
- Beads (optional)
- Glitter glue
- Glass colours
- Craft glue or fevicol or glue gun
This is how I did that.
- Arrange the sticks as shown here (make 2). This is the base. For additional support I stuck a cardboard of the same size below the sticks at the base.
2. Place two sticks crossing each other on top as shown in the photo (do it on both the bases)
You got two base supports for the jhoola / swing as shown.
3. Place them at at equal distance. The centre gap should measure 2". Then two popsicle sticks on front as well as at the back connecting the two pieces as shown in the picture below
4. Now cut the seat of 2.7" pieces and join them with another two pieces as shown in the picture below
5. Now pierce hole into the stick edge on both ends of the sticks at the front and the rear with the help of a big sewing needle or compass needle.
6. Take a rope and put it through the hole on one side. Tie a knot below the seat to secure it.
7. Pass two beads through it. Keep one bead at the end touching the seat. Pass the rope around a popsicle stick and bring the thread down and pass it through the second bead and pass the thread through the other hole behind the first one and same way secure it with a knot. (do the same procedure for the other side too)
8. now place the stick on top of the base stand as shown in the picture below. Your Swing / Jhoola is ready now for decoration.
This is how it looks after decoration!
Happy crafting! :-)