Loka Samastha Sukhino Bhavanthu!

Loka Samastha Sukhino Bhavanthu!

WELCOME :-)

warm WELCOME to my Hobby Lounge.
Just Recline, Relax smiley and Enjoy a "Good Time" @ My Hobby Lounge smiley

SEARCH

September 11, 2012

Ganapati - Cold Porcelain craft

Om Maha Ganapathaye nama :
 
Inspired by cold porcelain works, I tried making the clay at home.

I tried many doll tutorials given in the net but didn't turn out satisfactorily. So tried my favourite Ganeshji. A god who is very simple and his form is so easy to draw or mould.

To make cold porcelain clay at home check this beautiful website. I followed stove stop method.

The idea for the idol I got from this wonderful link

The umbrella making tutorial you can check out here 

  1. Popsicle Umbrella
  2. Umbrella for Ganeshji 




I used an empty deo bottle's cap to seat my Ganeshji and formed the lotus around it.







then the mooshik who will be seen always with Ganapati Bapa


colour using acrylic pearl colours (this gives a shine)




 Ganapati Bapa Moriya, Mangal Murti Moriya


14 comments:

வை.கோபாலகிருஷ்ணன் said...

SUPERB MIRA CONGRATS. - GOPU

Mira said...

Thank you Gopu Sir.

Leelagovind said...

cute ganeshji,mooshik,umbrella and even the lotus seater..its already made by you for the upcoming vinayak chadurthy rt?you have put so much effort to this creativity..may ganeshji bless you and your entire family mira..

Leelagovind said...

thanks for sharing the link and particular site..☺

Dr Sonia S V said...

What a beautiful work of art Mira...Thank You for the link to the clay tutorial!

Mira said...

Yes leela chechi. My ganeshji is ready for his birthday :D Thank you so much.

Thank you Sonia, Meghana

Unknown said...

so cute.. very nice dear Mira.

sudha said...

Chumma solla koodadhu but the Ganeshji has come out superbly dear Mira.
Hats off to your excellent moulding !!

Ranjana's craft blog said...

Cute Ganesha

Shama Nagarajan said...

awesome ..join me in Fast food - Pasta , Know your Sweetness - honey and Know your Flours -Corn flour event in my blog.

Unknown said...

Hi akka.. I am soo happy to see a shiny ganesha in your creation.. Hope you got this idea from me.. ;) and thanks a lot for cold proceliean tutotial.. will surly try out those in my future.. :)) May Ganesh ji bless you soo much.. :))

Mira said...

Thank you Poorni Ranjana, Shama,

Sudha, so happy that finally I am able to make one. I was trying for past two years. Thank you

Riya, thanks. I have shared the links from where I got the ideas dear. Saw your ganapati. You have moulded him nicely, so sure you will shine in cold porcelain works. You have good talents dear. keep it up.

Kamalini said...

Wonderful creation....From when I am trying to do these kind of things with the clay but I never succeeded even once.A very good link for the tutorials....Thank you

Do visit my blog http://creativeloka.blogspot.in/ to view my timepass hobbies.

Mira said...

Thank you Geetha. Yeah I too faced the same problem of moulding and this one I succeeded after 2 years of trials. Got the apt link (which I have shared) to give an idea for beginners.

Your Kind Attention Please :-)

Thank you for paying a visit to My Hobby Lounge to view "Mira's Talent Gallery"

If you like My Hobby Lounge you can motivate by "Liking", "Sharing", "Tweeting", "Voting", "Following" "commenting" :-)

To get the latest updations, "subscribe" using your e-mail ID

Use "search" option for things you are looking for in My Talent Gallery.

Cookbook is given in dropdown list form for your convenience. You will find it on the right side column. Wish you a great time :-)