Another DIY project.....it may sound complicated at certain point but it is easy if you have a glue gun. Glue gun makes the project very easy.
After reading about glue gun my search started and it went for months n months........... finally got it in hypercity and here is my first project using glue gun.
My gift for my favourite deity for his birthday
You will need :-
- carton box (I used the one in which Vanish stain remover comes)
- Glue Gun
- Corn pith (comes with kulfi)- 1No.
- Tooth pick - 2 nos.
- Metal Bangle - 1 No.
- Thermocol piece to support the stick
- Some Zari or lace
- colours & glitters to colour your umbrella
- Thermocol balls - few (I had saved some after using for an occasion)
- Scissor, Pencil
- Wind a lace to cover the bangle (I crocheted SCs around it using glitter thread)
- Cut a piece of round shape out of the cardboard or carton box
- Cut little less than a quarter of the circle as shown in the picture.
- Allow it to set completely say for a minute
- Then colour it with your favourite colours. I first painted it with white acrylic colour, then mixed some glitter powder into some glue and applied it. over that I used some glass colours I had & made a simple design. You can use kundan stones, chamkis.
- Place the Zari or lace & stick it all around as shown in the picture using glue gun (as it dries fast)
- Then using thermocol balls I decorated it
- I used corn pith as toothpick can be easily inserted into it. So I first pierced the toothpicks lightly then removed it, applied glue to the sharp end of the toothpick and fixed it in the hole made. Like that have to fix another toothpick too to give support to the top portion. As shown in the next two pictures. (this may sound complicated but easy to make)
- Now attach a thermocol piece the same way as we did for toothpick. Pierce, remove, apply glue and again set it in the hole made to make it sturdy.
- stick the thermocol to the prepared bangle as shown in the picture. (I split one end of thermocol piece, applied glue and inserted the bangle lightly into it). To make it clear to you i have shown a plain bangle.