Crispy Chips always give you a good company whether you chat or watching your favourite programme in TV. An all time favourite to one and all.
Made some crispy chips using raw banana (nendran variety) - big kela.
The speciaility of this chip is it is made using a special banana called 'nendran' (big kela), bright yellow in colour and fried in coconut oil which makes it even more attractive, flavourful & tasty which makes you crave for more, more and more...........
- Raw banana - 4 nos
- Water - 1/4 cup
- Salt - 1.5 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Oil for frying
- Wash and pat dry the banana. Peel (preserve this as we can make a nice & yummy dry subzi / Thoran out of it)
- Dissolve Turmeric Powder and Salt in 1/4 cup water
- Make thin round slices using a chips grater. the pieces will stick to each other. separate them and keep 10 - 15 pieces ready for each batch to fry or you can put them in water, then drain, spread on a clean kitchen towel, let it dry and then fry them.
- Heat coconut oil (don;t take it to smoking point)
- spread kitchen towel or newspaper into a basin & keep ready
- Keep in medium flame & deep fry the grated bananas when they turn 1/2 crisp, sprinkle some turmeric water into it and fry till water evaporates completely & chips becomes crisp and put them over the kitchen towel for the excess oil to get absorbed into the towel.
- Yummy banana chips is ready! Store it in an air tight container by spreading a piece of paper at the bottom.
Now sit back, relax and enjoy the crispy chips that melts into your mouth :D