Buttermilk is always an excellent body cooler and thirst quencher. Along with its good properties added the goodness of ivry gourd to make it a stomach cooler too.
Ivy Gourd (english), Tondli (Marathi), Kovai Kaai (Tamizh)
The plant as a whole is used for medicinal purposes in Indian Medicine. Ivy gourd is good in controlling sugar level, cures mouth ulcer, stomach ulcer when used in raw form. This humble vegetable which grows in abundance in the wild and on fences can also control heavy bleeding in woman during the monthly cycle. It also controls the intestinal worms.
Let's get into the Kovai Express! The preparation is very simple and easy. To make one serving you will need :-
- Buttermilk - 1 Glass
- Ivry Gourd - 4 Nos
- Curry Leaves - 3 Nos
- Black salt to taste
- Wash and clean ivy gourd. chop into cubes.
- In a blender throw the cut cubes, curry leaves, black salt and little buttermilk and blend into a nice paste.
- Mix in remaining buttermilk and pour into a serving glass
- Black salt is good for medicinal purposes. You may use instead, normal table salt.
- Yummy summer cooler - Ivy Gourd Buttermilk is ready to be relished!